Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wow, I didn't realize just how long it's been AGAIN since I've written anything. So much has changed, yet stayed the same. The kids have grown by leaps and bounds. Our oldest has moved on, moved out and is going to school away from home. When you live your life for your babies and they grow up and move out, it's really bittersweet. I'm happy to see where her life takes her, but honestly wish choices were a bit different. You have to live and let live. Make mistakes and let them fall sometimes.  We had my "other" daughter here with us for almost 2 years, but she wanted to go back to Southern CA and live with her Aunt. Still trying to adjust to that, even though it's been 5 months, we really miss her. Our now 12, 10 & 4 year old's are adjusting to life as a family of 5 versus a family of 6 and 7.  I think it has been hardest on the little guy, our 4 year old. He is soooo attached to his "Britt Britt" and then became very close with his "Dnana". To have both sisters leave within a few month period, he doesn't get it. Life has to move on and we have to adjust. To him he feels abandoned, I can hear it in his voice and see it in his little face. It's been getting easier, but still sad when he talks to them. The girls, they like having their own rooms, and it's been an easier transition, however, they still miss their older sisters too.  This picture was taken at Christmas time (2013) when Brittany came home for the holidays. Only one missing is Deanna. Our puzzle is missing a piece, but she is always in our hearts.


Danny and I are still in a loving, committed marriage. I can't believe we are coming up on our 11th wedding anniversary, but 14th "together" anniversary. Things aren't always easy, but with commitment, work and dedication, we are setting an example for our kids. Too many people give up on their marriages these days, I want to be like my great grandparents who were married over 60 years. I love my husband, he supports me, irritates me, makes me laugh, makes me mad, makes me cry at times (both good and out of frustration) cheers me on and has come so far in the years we've been together. I wouldn't know what to do without him, our family or our life.



Life for me has changed drastically as well. I no longer am the 300+ pound mom that sits around doing nothing all day. I have lost 136 pounds, thanks to Gastric Bypass Surgery. Think what you will, it was a life saving choice that was made. I had sleep apnea, high blood pressure (with medication), 2 pts. away from being classified as diabetic. I was knocking on deaths door more or less and today, I am 166 lbs, no more medications except for my migraine meds, which, unfortunately, will probably be for life. I also take vitamins, and a couple supplements, but was doing that prior to surgery so it's not a big deal. I am taking online classes (only because as a stay at home mom, I don't wish to leave my kids at daycare, so if I can do online so be it). I will finish my schooling with my Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, and a second degree as a Medical Social Worker. This should be completed shortly before our son enters 1st grade which means I will be able to work while he is in school and still be home when my kids are home. Planned out great and sticking to a goal. My proud moment was when I finished my first 2 classes with an A and an A-. It was such an accomplishment to see those grades and know "I DID IT!"....

Last but not least, I have to say, I am sooooo proud of our Denver Broncos, making it to the Super Bowl..Here's to a GREAT team and a great season. Win Lose or Tie.... Orange Crush, Broncos United!

No comments: