Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Moving on.....

Wow, it's been awhile since I've shared anything. I don't even know where to begin. Actually, I should be unpacking all these boxes sitting in my new kitchen, but eh, that can wait, they aren't going anywhere, neither am I....Let's see, Well, obviously, "unpacking" yes, we have finally moved....for 4 years we have lived in a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment. It was hard, but we did it, as the girls got older, having only 1 bathroom really became a challenge, luckily, their bedroom was rather larger so the 3 of them fit, with the exception of the mess from the 2 little ones....Then, our sweet Lijah boy came along...with. all. his. toys.....trucks, cars, balls....and we outgrew our apartment....the ever so tiny kitchen became the devils den when it was time to cook. Momma became the angry evil witch just stepping into the kitchen. I mean seriously, I could touch the stove with one had and reach across and touch the sink, and even stick out my pudgy and stubby leg and touch the kitchen table or fridge.....it was that. small! I despised stepping foot in there and everyone knew it. Dinner time became a battle ground, the weekends became a battle ground. I began using the crockpot more and more just so I wouldn't have to stand in there and cook. Not to mention, the stove was unbalanced and not matter how many times we balanced it, it leaned back and well....I am not even going there....we are done with that disgusting, yucky apartment!! Yay!! Now we have a nice house, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (2 toilets...OMG where have they been all my life???)....lol....a 2 car garage with get this....our very own washer and dryer, no more paying to wash our clothes, yeeeehawwww!!!! Hahaha....my kitchen is atleast 3-4 times bigger, there is no way even if I was 6 feet tall I could touch the sink and my kitchen table or fridge at the same time (laughing out loud for real!).....Brittany finally has her own room, we told her Elijah would share a room with her, but no, it was just to "get at her". Didn't work, she didn't care one bit, as long as she doesn't have to share with Dominique or Mariah! She even said Deanna can share with her when she comes to visit! Wow, impressive! She will let her brother sleep in there on the weekends or when there is no school (score for us! Mommy gets to sleep!!)....Nique and Riah will be learning a hard lesson I do believe, they are pack rats. I threatend to put only their mattresses on the floor, no more, no less. No TV, no cable, nothing else....if they don't keep their room cleaned...we've been here 4 days and it's a joke already...Danny thought I complained to much at the apartment, that is until he moved us.....he finally admitted to me that he now understands my frustrations and can see how I can cry over the mess. It was absolutely ridiculous, disgusting and gross....constant keeping up on them didn't seem to matter. I am open for suggestions and advice from anyone who has been through this....please!! lol......As for our bedroom....O.M.G...glorious......we have sooo much more room! Walk in closet, I have a cute little built in vanity to put my perfumes out and actually display them (Ed Hardy, Oui, Dolce & Gabana..you know, the expensive stuff you aren't embarrassed to show!).....we have so much room now it looks empty. The kids say it looks like a hotel room....hmmm....Guess I need to decorate it and make it look homey...All of us are looking forward to entertaining our friends, the girls have already asked when they can have their friends over for sleepovers, parties and whatnots....we are looking forward to bbq's with family and friends. Just to see the smiles on our babies faces when we are together is wonderful. They are happy as well to be out of there. Even the baby, he is full of squeals and squawks, as he runs down the hall knocking on each door. We have been blessed beyond anything I could ever have imagined, this kinda "fell" into our laps and I thank our Father for his gift of a much wanted prayer answered!!

I have something else I wish to write about, but I think I am going to separate the posts. So for now I am going to end this post and start my next. It is tugging at my heart and I need to get it out before time escapes me and before I know it the kids are due home....Be blessed!!

No comments: